PHTLS Trauma First Response
As the required textbook for NAEMT's Trauma First Response course, PHTLS Trauma First Response provides comprehensive, evidence-based trauma guidelines to help you confidently manage trauma patients in the critical moments before EMS arrives on the scene. Culled from the most current, evidence-based trauma treatment guidelines published in NAEMT's internationally renowned Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), 7th Edition, this proven approach to trauma management can assist you in providing the best pre-EMS trauma treatment to reduce patient morbidity and mortality.
* Provides CEUs for First Responders; proceeds from the course go to the NAEMT and are used to support the EMS profession; helps you improve the quality of care (based on available research); can be incorporated into initial training or as a stand-alone continuing education course; promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.
* Trauma First Response is a one-day continuing education course that teaches the principles of the world-renowned Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) course to those who havenÕt had advanced prehospital training, including first responders, police officers, firefighters, rescue personnel and safety officers. The lectures and practical stations are designed for the type of care non-EMS first responders can render to trauma patients while awaiting EMS patient transport or when assisting paramedics and EMTs at a trauma scene.
* Comprehensive, evidenced-based coverage incorporates the latest research across all aspects of prehospital and first-response-level trauma in one convenient resource.
* Heavily illustrated presentation guides you step-by-step through essential skills, including:
o Identifying mechanisms of injury
o Recognizing life-threatening injuries
o Assessing and managing trauma patients
o Performing appropriate first-responder-level interventions
* Scenarios and Scenario Solutions in each chapter challenge you to apply treatment concepts to realistic situations you may encounter in the field.
* Includes more information on kinematics than any similar book on the market.
* A consistent approach helps you easily reference key content.
* Chapter Objectives and closing Summaries break down must-know information for each chapter.
* Burn Trauma chapter guides you through the treatment of burn trauma patients.
* Disaster Management chapter details the latest management techniques and protocols.
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Mosby/JEMS; 1 edition (January 3, 2011)