Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination 7E
Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination is a comprehensive textbook of physical examination, history-taking, and health assessment with a unique emphasis on differential diagnosis and variations across the lifespan. The book conveys a uniquely compassionate, patient-centered approach to physical examination with a strong evidence-based foundation.
* Clinical Pearls boxes give brief clinical insights with expert tips on techniques, findings, and patient teaching.
* Mnemonic boxes deliver engaging auditory, visual, and other memory cues to help you remember series of assessment or exam steps.
* Physical Variations boxes detail multicultural considerations for assessing patients from diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
* Staying Well boxes describe holistic approaches to health promotion and patient teaching.
* Risk Factors boxes highlight modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors for a variety of conditions.
* Differential Diagnosis boxes give comparisons of expected findings for similar conditions and explain how disease presentations vary.
* Physical Examination boxes provide current data on the most effective techniques for delivering quality patient care.
* Functional Assessment boxes focus on the patient’s functional abilities and present a holistic approach to patient care.
* Downloadable text and PDA summaries allow for quick review of the key steps in each system exam.
* Dynamic learning exercises on the companion website test your knowledge and provide instant feedback on your progress.
* Updates throughout reflect the latest research findings and evidence-based practice for techniques, normal and abnormal findings, genetics, and assessment.
* 60 video clips demonstrate exam techniques for each system and are downloadable for use on Video iPod devices.
* 25 new anatomy and physiology animations provide narrated explanations of processes beneath the skin.
* New audio chapter summaries, downloadable for use on MP3 players, offer a convenient way to review key content on the go.
* New 3-column tables featuring Pathophysiology, Subjective Data, and Objective Data provide an illustrated reference that allows for quick and accurate comparisons.
* 75 new illustrations and dozens of new photos of normal and abnormal findings help to clarify anatomic concepts and exam techniques.