AMLS- Advanced Medical Life Support 1E (NAEMT)
AMLS Advanced Medical Life Support is the only textbook approved for use by NAEMT's Advanced Medical Life Support course. It provides comprehensive, evidence-based coverage of basic and advanced concepts with an emphasis on critical thinking, leading to better outcomes for patients. The AMLS Assessment Pathway makes it easy to develop a treatment plan for specific medical conditions. No other book can match its in-depth coverage of advanced medical life support!
* Provides CEUs for First Responders, EMTs, paramedics, nurses, and physicians; sends proceeds from the course to the NAEMT to support the profession; can be incorporated into initial training or as a stand-alone continuing education course; promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.
* AMLS is a continuing education program authored and administered by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT), a well-respected international organization.
* The latest, most accurate, comprehensive information is provided by NAEMT and follows industry standards.
* Full-color illustrations and design make learning easier and more interesting.
* Coverage of basic and advanced concepts incorporates the latest research developments, and is suitable to both beginning and experienced prehospital care providers, emergency and critical care nurses, and emergency physicians.
* Expert U.S. and international reviewers ensure that the material is accurate, current, and universal. * The AMLS Assessment Pathway makes it easy to develop a treatment plan for specific medical conditions.
* Chapter outlines provide a quick overview of each chapter's content.
* Chapter Goal and Learning Objectives show at a glance the most important information in each chapter.
* Key terms help in learning key vocabulary and reinforce basic concepts.
* Rapid Recall boxes highlight helpful mnemonics.
* Chapter scenarios put concepts into real-world context.
* Chapter quizzes include a variety of question types to reinforce key concepts and retention of information.
* Bulleted chapter summaries and Putting It All Together sections reinforce major concepts and tie information together.
Paperback: 576 pages
Publisher: Mosby/JEMS; 1 edition (February 16, 2011)